I woke up pretty hungry this morning… Sadly I have not done groceries in so I decided to whip a little smoothie bowl.
I have some major food envy while out at a cafe last week with some friends who ordered one, and thought – I can make that… and so started my food experiment.
I made a basic smoothie base. You could pretty much pop what ever you would normally have in a smoothie there. Then topped it with what ever, nuts, seeds and fruit I still had lying around the house.
And the results were rather delicious.
Here is the recipe if you need to mix up your breakfast 😀
- 1 Banana
- 1 C Raspberries
- 1 cup of almond milk
- 1 cup of baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon of coconut shavings
- 1 teaspoon of chia seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon of linseeds
- 6 almonds
- 1 tablespoon of coconut yoghurt (I used chocolate)
- Whip up 1/2 a banana 1/2 of the raspberries (leave a few for topping the bowl), linseeds, the almond milk and the spinach in the blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a bowl and top with thinly slices banana, raspberries, coconut, chia seeds and almonds.
- Serve immediately and eat with a soup spoon.
- Its like of like a crunchy delicious smoothie soup!
It is also great if you make a huge smoothie the day before and reserve 1/3 of it to make your smoothie bowl the next day. I like to store it in an air tight jar so all that is left to do is top it in the morning. AND its beautifully chilled.
Over to you…
What did you think? Did you try the recipe? Do you make your own variation? What do you put in it? I would love to hear more.